I had a fabulous Christmas. On Christmas eve my dad's family came over and we all had dinner together (yumm). Which was really nice and chaotic, in a good way. Then on the First day of Christmas (yes, we Dutch people are awesome because we have two official Christmas days) we (mom, dad, bro) cleaned up the mess and played some board games, and ate loads of chocolate. Then the Second day of Christmas we went to my mom's parents and got presents and had dinner, which was delicious as well.
I got this from my grandparents:
* X-men first class DVD
* the latest Artemis Fowl book (which I already finished reading today)
And, because I couldn't resist I just ordered myself the remainder of my wish list, which includes:
* the book Play to kill by P.J. Tracy (mom/daughter author due who write awesome detective books)
* the DVD Pirates of the Caribbean: on stranger tides
* a compilation album (5 CDs) with some of the best songs of this century (according to a certain radio station)
* also ordered a book on the biology of cancer (because that's what I'm majoring in in college (for my Master's degree) and this book is supposed to be top notch. And my parents are paying for it as a Bachelor graduation present)
Felt a bit bad about spending so much money, but then again, the DVD and CD had some serious discount, and I don't usually spend a lot of money, so I figured could get away with it. Also donated some money to a good cause to balance it out. All in all, I'm feeling very accomplished right now. Can't wait for my stuff to get here.
Went to see Eskimo Joe this Wednesday with my mom. They absolutely rocked, as they did the previous two times they were here. They had so much energy and were having so much fun, it was so good to watch. Was a bit surprised that I didn't have a soar throat at the end from singing along to all the songs. They played my favourite song too and I'll admit, I had a bit of a fangirl moment and totally squealed when I realized they were going to play it. They were just so good! Can't wait to see them again when the new album comes out. Hope it'll be quick! Seriously you guys need to check out this band!!
Also, I love how much they love Amsterdam! (even though it's all covered in Rubbish at the moment)
Last random note; apparently the recipe to looking like you're in a band is growing a beard and/or wearing a leather jacket. Just so you know.